What Do You Need in Order to Register Your Car in North Carolina?
Published on 08/24/2020
In North Carolina, you will need the following items to register your vehicle and drive it legally:
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
- Proof of Insurance
- Title Application
- Notarized Vehicle Title
- Damage Disclosure Statement
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- Bill of Sale
- Payment for Plate Fee and State Taxes
- (Cash, check, or money order)
If you do not have a valid North Carolina Driver's License, the State of North Carolina also allows residents to submit other forms of photo identification. Active duty military members may submit their military ID, and students may use their college ID instead.